# ground water harvesting, #rain water harvesting, #water resource management,
Jal Shakti Abhiyan is a compaign for water conservation and water security. Through citizen participation is underway 1st July to 15th September 2019. Phase 2 will be run from 1st Oct. to 30th Nov. 2019.
To achieve the goal of water conservation, there are some best practices for ground water harvesting
- Dobha construction of ground water harvesting
- Kapil Dhara construction of dug Wells under MANREGA, Madhya Pradesh
- Form pond on demand scheme, Maharashtra
- Jalyukta Shivar abhiyan, Maharashtra
- Sujalam sufalam Jal sanchay abhiyan 2018, Gujarat
- Pani panchayat: Odisha water resource consolidation project
- Mukhyamantri Jal Swawlamban Abhiyan, Rajasthan
- Mission Kakatiya Telangana
Advantages of Ground water harvesting
There are many benefits of it.
- Harvesting rainwater allows us to better utilize an energy resource.
- Rainwater is free from many chemicals found in ground water, making it suitable for irrigation and watering gardens.
- With the right sized system and equipment, rainwater can be used for drinking purpose.
- During rainy season, rainwater is collected in large storage tanks which also helps in reducing floods in some low lying areas.
- it also helps in reducing soil erosion and contamination of surface water with chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides and fertilizers from rainwater run-off which results in cleaner lakes and ponds.
- Sometimes it can be used for irrigation purposes during non-rainy months.
- to enhance the development of agriculture based income for small and marginal farmers.