People can be distinguished by their
- Age, Sex, Place of residence, education, occupation and others.
- theratio between the number of women and the men in the population is called the sex ratio.
- It is an important information about the status of women in a country.
- It is calculated by the number of females per thousand male.
From data –
- The highest sex ratio in the world has been recorded in Latvia where there are 85 males on 100 females.
- Asia has a low sex ratio countries like china , India , Saudi Arabia, pakistan , afghanistan have a lower sex ratio.
Age Structure represents the number of people of different age groups.
Age sex pyramid
Age sex pyramid is a population indicator in which shown that number of females and males in different age groups.
- Expanding population
- Constant population
- Declining population
- Rural areas are those where people engaged in the primary activity .
- Urban areas are those where majority people not engaged in primary activity.
- So, rural urban composition aspect is most required study because their livelihood style in their area.
- Socio-economic development indicates that
Standard of living,
Social status of females,
availability of educational faculties,
policies of government.
- In India literacy rate denote the population above 7 years which is able to read write and able to do arithmetic calculations.
- Agriculture , forestry , fishing and mining are classified as a primary activity.
- Manufacturing as secondry
- Transport ,communication and other services related to tertiary
- The job related to reserch and developing idea as quaternary activity.
now i will study the development of this population and their activities in the next chapters namely,
- Human development
- Primary activities
- Secondary activities
- Tertiary and quaternary activities.