News is written by journalist and editorials are written by a subject expert. It is an article that presents an opinion on an issue. Editorial writers build on an argument already made and try to persuade readers. Newspaper Analysis contains only the news analysis. Which can be accessed by clicking here
Types of Newspaper Editorial
There are mostly 4 types of Newspaper Editorial
- Explaining or interpreting: to explain how and why a newspaper or magazine took a certain stance on a controversial subject
- Criticizing: to criticizes actions or decisions made on a third party’s part in addition to offering a better solution.
- Persuading: to move the reader to action, concentrating on solutions
- Praising: to show support that has been done something notable.
Features of a Newspaper Editorial
- An editorial is a mix of fact and opinions.
- it to about 600-800 words.
- News is only about. but editorial is who, what, when, where, why, and how.
- The structure is always a feature of an editorial.
Structure of an Editorial
This will very helpful in Newspaper Editorial Analysis. Please understand it very carefully
- The Introduction
- Summarize what the whole editorial is about or should be designed to catch the reader’s attention.
- It clearly states the argument. further body will be based on supporting this opinion.
- Explaining or interpreting: Lead with an objective, unbiased explanation of the issue.
- Criticism: It is an opposition to the issue then Present the opposing argument first then it present reasons/evidence that directly refutes the opposition.
- The conclusion contains a summary of the explanation, persuasion, criticism.
Newspaper Editorial Analysis
It is not necessary, in the newspaper, there will be only one editorial on a certain issue. Editorial comes regularly when the issue comes into the light.
How to analyse a Newspaper Editorial?
Newspaper Editorial can be analysed by two types
- Daily Based
issue based Newspaper Editorial Analysis is better than other one. It will present bunch of thought on a single place.