The government has emphasized on creating world-class infrastructure for building a new India. Infrastructure development presents the status of any country.
It has undertaken various projects to improve the present conditions of Infrastructure. Some projects are such as
- The Sagarmala Project (for accelerating port-led development)
- The Bharatmala Project (to link India from west to east)
- The Mumbai trans harbour link Project (for building the country’s largest sea bridge)
- The Setu Bharatam Project (making national highways free of railway level crossing)
- It also connects various villages through the construction of roads providing significant relief to the rural masses.
PM Awas Yojana
The government has launched a comprehensive mission “housing for all by 2022”. The scheme aims to construct more than 4 crore houses with a span of the next seven years (2015-22). It is a centrally sponsored scheme. The target beneficiary of the scheme would be poor and those living under EWS and LIG categories in urban establishment of the country in 4041 statutory towns as per census 2011.
PMAY-U aims to achieve the objective of ” Housing for all” by 2022 through its four pillars
- In-situ slum redevelopment
- Affordable housing through a credit link subsidy scheme
- Affordable housing in partnership between public and private agencies.
- Subsidy for beneficiary – led individual house construction.
These pillars are more important for Infrastructure development.
Development with Inclusive Policy