What is the Location of India and where is india situated in context of world.
- Located in northern hemisphere of earth.
- India is a country in South Asia.
- Tropic of cancer devided the country in to two equal parts.
Territory from west to east
- 68°7′ E – 97°25′ ETerritory from north to south37°6′ N – 8°4′ N
The longitude 82°30’E taken as the Indian standard time.
- The bay of Bengal in the east.
The Arabian sea in the west.
The Himalayan in the north.
Indian ocean in the south.
- 2933 km , Kashmir to Kanyakumari. 3214 km , Kutch to Arunachal Pradesh.
- Seven countries that share boundry with India
Tropic of Cancer passes through 8 Indian states:
- Madya Pradesh,
- West Bengal,
Indian standard time line passes through the following states-
- ANDHRA PRADESH
We will study the great diversity of INDIA in context of following
- Natural Vegetation
- Wild life
- India is a unoin of states and state is unoin of a district.
- Gujarat is largest state and Goa is the smallest state in the sense of area.
- There are diversity of physical features such as mountains, plateau ,plains ,coasts and islands.
- The mountain Himalaya in east
- Him+alya means the abode of snow.It is devided in to three main parallel ranges.
- The nothern Indian plains lie to the south of the himalayas.
These are formed by the alluvial deposit laid down by the rivers the ganga, the brahmaputra and their tributaries.
These river plains provide fertile land for cultivation.
- Great indian desert in Western. It is dry, hot and sandy stretch of land.
- Peninsular plateau in the south of the nothern plains
It is triangular in shape. This is a region with numerous hill ranges and valleys.
Aravali hills, one of the oldest hill .
The Vindhyas and the satpuras are the important ranges.
The river Narmada and Tapi flows in these ranges.
- Western Ghat & Eastern Ghat
The plateau is rich in mineral like coal and iron-ore.
In the west of the Western ghats and in the east of the Eastern ghats lie the coastal plain.
There are a number of east flowing rivers.
These have formed fertile delta at their mouth.
The sundarvan delta is formed where the Ganga and Brahmputra flow in to the Bay of Bengal.
- Two group of islands also form port of India:
Lakshadweep island located in arabian sea.
Coral island located off the coast of Kerala.
Andaman and Nicobar island lie to the southeast of the indian mainland in the bay of bengal.