ozone depletion causes and effects
the Cosmic rays?
- Cosmic rays come from outside our galaxy.
- These rays have high energy with the shortest wavelength.
- When these come near our atmosphere take parts in many reactions with atmospheric gases.
After a study by scientists
- these are positive particles reaction with N-14 forms C-14.
- Which takes a great responsibility for making constant figures for C-14.
C-14 used in archaeology by archaeologists.
What are UV rays?
- UV rays come from the sun.
- But if the ozone layer is not present in the atmosphere then life is very tough here.
- But this Ozone layer was depleted by the Chlorofluorocarbon effect.
- therefore, the depletion is seen only on the pole.
the ozone layer depleted?
ozone depletion causes
- On the poles, low temperature is due to this condensation of water with nitric acid form a polar stratospheric cloud.
- In presence of these cloud particle ozone composing greatly reinforced.
- But the rapid depletion of the ozone layer over pole could not be explained by chemical reaction.
- In 1984, it is seen that a hole in the ozone layer was discovered over Antarctica.
What is CFC effect?
CFC are fully halogenated paraffin hydrocarbons that contain only carbon (С).
We use CFC also affect the ozone layer, CFCs are
Refrigerants, coolants, cleaning agents,
What is Ozone layer?
- it is presented from 10 to 50 km from earth surface i.e. in the stratosphere.
- When UVA hitted it then this O3 breaks in to O and O2. And converted harmless heat and never reaches to the earth.
,this O and O2 again forms OZONE Molecule.
the ozone layer affect us?
A severe found in the ozone layer as increases as also
Ozone issue Solution