Recently as a routine and recurring incentives ASHAs get at least rupees 2000 per month along with the benefits of PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and PM Suraksha Bima Yojana.
Every village in the country is to have and asha worker and a trained female community health activist, selected from the village itself and accountable to its useful for whom civil work as an interface between the community and the public health system.
An ASHA is primarily a literate women resident of the village preferably 10th standard pass who is Susan through a rigorous selection process involving various community group, self help group, anganbadi institution and district, nodal officer, village health committee and gram sabha.
Her capacity building process is continuous and she undergoes a series of training episodes to acquire the necessary knowledge skills and confidence for performing the specified roles. She is given performance based incentive.
Empower you with knowledge and a drug kit for first contact health care every asha worker is expected to elicit community participation in public health programs in the village. She is the first person to be called for any health related needs of the depreciated section of the population especially women and children who find it difficult to access healthcare services.
ASHAs all the community level health activist for creating awareness on health and its social determinants as well as for mobilizing the community towards local health planning and increased utilisation accountability of the existing health services.
Roles and responsibilities of ASHA Workers
- They are promoters of good health practices. In addition they provide a minimum package of appropriate and feasible curative care are arranged for timely referrals.
- They generate community awareness concerning the various determinants of the health search and nutrition basics and occasion hygienic practices and healthy living working condition as well as regarding the existing health care services and the importance of timely utilisation of health and family welfare services.
- They mobilize the community and facilitate their assessing health related services such as immunization, check-ups, supplementary, nutrition, sanitation and other governmental services available at the Anganwadi sub centre primary health centre.
- They act as deposit holders for essential provisions like oral rehydration solution (ORS), iron folic acid tablets, chloroquine, disposable delivery kit, oral contraceptive pills and condoms etc
- Recently home based care for young children has been initiated to stand the community was there by ASHA workers with particular focus on nutrition counselling improved child rearing practices and breastfeeding promotion etc.
Poshan Abhiyan aliul known as national nutrition mission, PMs overarching scheme for holistic naurishment was formally launched on 8 march 2018. Its major goal is to achieve improvement in the nutritional status of children adolscent girls pregnant women and nursing mothers.