Higher education system has many educational streams which are directly job oriented. Evenmore, in order to inhance job orientation and employability, the following steps have been taken:
- There are 1109 skill oriented courses being run by UGC and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). In which approximately 40,000 students are receiving skill training with education.
- New and updated vocational cariculla are being developed in line with industry demand in B.Voc. programmes.
- AICTE has launched a internship portal to facilitate industry internship to students.
- Wheebox employability skill test for all pre final and final year graduates of AICTE approved institution.
- Technical education quality improvement programme(TEQIP) phase III is under implementation to enhance equality, equity and imployability in selected engineering institutions.
- NCS portal has been launched as a common platform to bring together stakeholders like job seekers, employers, local service provider and trainer.
- MHRD is working in co-operation with ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship and sector skill councils (SSCs) which comprises representatives of industry and services sector to develop curricula that reflect industry – demanded skills so that higher education can be linked with employment opportunity.