Diversity means a range of different things. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.
What is Diversity?
- If anyone said to make a picture of human then it will easily seen that always the images are not same. This is because everyone has a unique drawing style.
- I like wearing shirt my room partner like wearing kurta and my neighbor like wearing T-shirt. because everyone wants wearing his favourite dress.
- I like read write in hindi and english and playing cricketbutmy room partner read in urdu and like to play basket ball.
- I belongs to hindu religion but my room partner belongs to mushlim community.
- I celebrate holi diwali but my room partner celebrate eid, ramjaan.
- I like to eat matar paneer but my room partner like to eat both nonveg and veg.
- I go to temple for worship and he goes for namaaz in masjid.
- I have two friend one belongs to scheduled caste andother belongs to general caste.
- My one friend said ram ram but my one friend said jai bheem.
So, We see that how society is diverse in many aspects.
Linguistic state : Andhra Pradesh
Secular country : Pakistan
Question is that diversity is best or not?
Diversity in India
India is a country in many diversity. But we do many things that are similar except that we do them in different ways.
- There are no diversity in ocean and it is land that have mountain river. Land is very diverse .
- India is rich because it is diverse in river mountain range and attracting everyone to its diversity.
According to diversity people eat different foods in different part of india.
Unity in diversity
The diversity of INDIA always finds the source of its strength. In history people of India fight for us having a different background.
In the book, the discovery of India JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU said that “Indian unity is not something imposed from the outside but it was something deeper and within its fold, the widest tolerance of its belief and custom was practised and every variety acknowledged and even encouraged. INDIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM IS ALSO ANOTHER EXPRESSION OF UNITY OF INDIA.